Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Getting Started

The very first thing I did was Google search: Princess Daisy as a reference. This is the best resource you could possibly ask for. What I was looking for was repeated features of Daisy in all the different images. The main image I chose was:


This exact image was continuous in many of the images that came up in the search. This will help me with the way the dress is designed, the accessories (earrings, broach, gloves, crown), colors, and any other smaller details that I want in the costume.

After I chose my reference, I than began to search Google for 'how to make princess daisy costume.' My search was not very successful in finding someone who has written a process or some hints as to how to make the costume. (Hence why I am making this) Then I thought better of it and redid the search: Princess Peach. My search was much more successful, because she is a more popular character. I came across the website: http://trsrockin.com/peach_guide.html. She had logged her entire process complete with pictures and places of where she obtained all her materials. Again, I thank you greatly for posting that information! You were a great help! After I had reviewed what she had done I began to get the idea and understanding of what I need to obtain and to look for when I go to buy my materials. Google is a fantastic tool! Keep searching till you find what you're looking for!

After completing my searches and research it was time to go out to the stores and see what I could find.

No comments:

Post a Comment